I’ve been in Melbourne for about a week now, & still have yet to have even one mediocre meal. It’s all been absolutely delicious! I made sure to take down the name of some of my favorites so far, which I’ve listed by category here. Hope this will help anyone searching for good spots to chow down in Melbourne!
- Brother Thomas– If you follow me on any of my social media, this is the cafe in which I posted a photo of my brioche salted caramel french toast. I don’t post food very often at all, but I deemed this one necessary. And it was just as tasty as it was pretty!
- Little Cupcakes– Had an iced latte here, complete with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. So good.
- Cat Cafe– Does it get cuter than this?! I sipped on a chai latte, while surrounded by a bunch of rescued cats. You should go. Self-explanatory.
- Cafe Vicolino– Tiny little spot in Centre Place with the yummiest food! I had spanakopita & an iced latte, and both were worth mentioning.
- Caffe Stazione– If you enjoy earthier, more natural tasting smoothies, order the tropical one. Super satisfying for a quick breakfast on a hot day.
- Vapiano Pizza & Pasta Bar-The food was SO fresh & made right in front of you. I liked the open concept as well. The cheesecake with honeycomb sprinkled on top was to-die-for! Loved this spot.
- Equinox Bar & Restaurant: I had a yummy vegetarian thai curry, which was equal parts spicy & sweet. But the best part about this place is its’ $10 pitchers (or jugs, as they call them here!)
- Amigos Mexican: One night, we waited until pretty late to head out to dinner, & were lucky to stumble across Amigos. The tacos were really good!
- Beachcomber Cafe in St. Kilda: The view of the water alone made this place a hit for me, but it didn’t hurt that the food was great as well! I had the salad topped with chicken satay skewers along with an ice cold bottle of Pure Blonde lager, & Tyler had the Atlantic salmon.