“We interrupt your regularly scheduled programming to bring you this very important announcement”-
Okay so, I realize that I’ve been posting an awful lot about Australia. I’m gonna switch it up here, & give some love to the place I call home- Florida! Here are 15 reasons why living here is like being on a vacation 24 hours a day:
(1) This is what January looks like: bright blue skies, & a high of 70. Doesn’t get better than that.
(2) Finding an adventure is almost too easy; airboat rides in the Everglades, tubing down the Ichetucknee River, snorkeling in Three Sisters Springs, cave tours in Caverns State Park. You name it, we’ve got it.
(3) Who needs a trip to the zoo when there are alligators, manatees, & iguanas in your backyard?!
(4) Beaches, beaches, & more beaches! 663 miles of them, to be exact. You’re never very far from one.
(5) The “happiest place on Earth”, Disney World, is only a short drive away.
(6) And let’s not forget Universal Studios, either. Where else can you try butter beer or walk through Diagon Alley?
(7) The Florida Keys – home to some of the world’s best snorkeling, scuba diving, boating, & fishing.
(8) My alma mater is home to the ONLY college football stadium in the country where you can see the ocean from the top! That merits bragging rights, don’t you think?! 😉
(Photo Courtesy of fausports.com)
(9) I have never had to rake leaves or shovel snow, and my “winter coat” consists of a hoodie. There’s also the shock factor when you tell people that you’ve never even seen snow! Hell, I’m almost 25 years old, and I just saw it for the first time last year!
(10) The sunshine, the palm trees, the ocean breeze…Need I go on?